That’s right folks. The Poem a Day Challenge is back. We will again be celebrating Poetry Month this April.
Here is a breakdown of how the challenge works.
- You do not have to register anywhere to participate in the challenge.
- There will be prompts (Which you can use or lump) on our Face book and Blog page
- Post your poem drafts to the Starving Writer Blog under the prompt that inspired it. If you chose to lump the prompt simply post to the day you wrote it. You can see my attempts at the prompt on the blog.
- The challenge will begin April 1st and conclude on May 1st
- Beginning May 1st edit and revise your poems for submission.
- June 1st start submitting to magazines and publishers.
- Let us know when you’ve sold your work.
- Good Luck and may all your poems be published.
This is a fun and easy way to celebrate poetry.
If you haven’t been to our face book page here is the link www.facebook.com/thestarvingwriterblog
If you’re itching to get started on writing some poetry but need a bit of inspiration then come and check out our new release Jumpstart Your Poetry. This prompt book was written specifically with poetry month in mind.
Here’s a brief description of the book.
Have you always wanted to write poetry but have no idea where to begin? Or have you been wring for years but need to restart the creative engine? This book has over 1000 prompts to get you going.
To view the books page visit www.amazon.com/dp/B00BWSGUQC
Have a great day and we hope to see you on April 1st for the challenge.