On this page you’ll find books and authors I highly recommend you check out. These are all talented people I respect and feel will benefit you in your writing journey.
The Well-Fed Writer By Peter Bowerman
Dream of earning a healthy income – 50K, 75K, even 100K or more! – as a freelance writer, while living a wonderfully free and flexible lifestyle? Or perhaps make an extra $1500 – $2000/month part-time?
Want to be your own boss, get up when you want, take vacations when you want and work when you feel like it? Do you dismiss the idea as fantasy, since, after all, everyone knows that the words starving and writer are eternally joined at the hip?
What would you say if I told you that…
- There’s an arena of lucrative freelance writing that can give you all of this and more?
- As a commercial freelance writer, you’d be a well-paid highly respected professional in your community?
- You can earn $50-125+ an hour as a writer, and realistically, $2000+ a week, working 20-30 hours and still have time for a life, friends, and personal pursuits?
- Within your city, there’s plenty of freelance writing work for the go-getter?
- You don’t have to be an incredible writer – that all of this is possible with decent, solid writing skills?
- I’ve got your road map in the form of books giving you step-by-step directions for making your own freelance writing dreams come true?
It’s all in the new updated edition of The Well-Fed Writer. This is THE industry “standard” book on commercial freelance writing (a.k.a. “copywriting).” This 368-pager is the updated version of the 2000 award-winning Book-of-the-Month Club selection – and includes the content of the 2005 award-winning companion volume, TWFW: Back For Seconds. If you love to write, but hate to starve, you need this book!
To learn more about Peter and his amazing books visit bit.ly/pbowerman
Bob Bly – America’s Top Copywriter
Bob Bly is a full-time freelance copywriter specializing in direct marketing A copywriter for more than a quarter of a century, Bob has written promotions for over 100 clients including Phillips, Agora, KCI, 21st Century, Weiss Research, EBI Medical Systems, Sony, IBM, AT&T, Grumman, Crain Communications, McGraw-Hill, Intuit, and AlliedSignal.
Bob is the author of 70 books including The Copywriter’s Handbook (Henry Holt) and Business-to-Business Direct Marketing (NTC Business Books). He has published more than 100 articles in such publications as Successful Meetings, Direct, Business Marketing, Writer’s Digest, and Amtrak Express.
Bob’s writing awards include a Gold Echo from the Direct Marketing Association, an IMMY from the Information Industry Association, two Southstar Awards, an American Corporate Identity Award of Excellence, and the Standard of Excellence award from the Web Marketing Association. He also taught marketing at New York University.
To learn more about Bob Bly and his books visit bit.ly/bobblyauthor